TO: The ILPS General Secretary
FROM: The ILPS Chairperson
SUBJECT: Open letter of ATIK as identified below
DATE: 27 April 2010
- This concerns the open letter of ATIK, with the following identification:
From: “UFUK BERDAN” firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: April 26, 2010 4:53:02 PM GMT-04:00
To: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Wtr.: Open Letter ATIK
- The aforesaid letter of ATIK has been already circulated improperly to all ICC members and member-organizations by the former General Secretary using the disauthorized list serve under his control.
- As you have recommended, it is not necessary to further circulate the aforesaid letter beyond the ICC members through the current official listserve of the ILPS because of the following substantive reasons:
- First, the issues raised are internal to the entities concerned.
- Second, the ICC has already exercised its prerogative to engage in a vote of confidence in order to elect a new set of ICC officers constituting the ICG by way of addressing what the letter of ATIK admits as a crisis of trust among the officers of the ICC. This took place after the former Vice Chairperson for External Affairs publicly attacked and presumptuously disauthorized the Chairperson during the Second International Assembly of Migrants and Refugees (IAMR2) in Greece.
- Third, contrary to the claims of the letter of ATIK that the ICC has meted out punishments rather than hold a vote of confidence last 21 November 2009, the ICC and the commission concerned with migrants and refugees are still in the process of considering whether disciplinary action should be undertaken on the basis of a letter of complaint submitted by ICC members to both ILPS organs.
- Fourth, the proper organ of the International Migrant’s Alliance (IMA), which is distinct from the ILPS and initiated the IAMR2, may consider what actions to undertake regarding entities and matters within its jurisdiction.
- I am recommending to the ICC to consider taking up the letter of ATIK in its next meeting.
- This memorandum is in immediate reply to the letter of ATIK.
JOSE MARIA SISON
Chairperson, International Coordinating Committee
International League of Peoples’ Struggle