ILPS Hong Kong and Macau asked governments of various countries to prioritize public interest first and to push for a robust, responsive and publicly-owned healthcare system.
In a statement, they criticized the decades of government neglect on the health sector all over the world as world leaders chose to put first profit instead of public health and called for these demands:
1. Social protection and guaranteed incomes and livelihood even under quarantine
2. Make the health care system public, not privatised; fund the needs of the hospitals and health workers
3. Mass testing and treatment for all in the face of COVID-19
4. Bailout the people, not the big corporations
5. Respect for democratic and human rights